Challenging Your Inner Artist – July 2021
Straight From Our Community
CHALLENGE YOUR INNER ARTIST
This month on the blog, we are going to learn more from our community about challenging ourselves, as artists. In order to grow in our practice, we have got to challenge ourselves. It can be so hard to do, and that is why it is called "a challenge". The more that you do this, and visit the uncomfortable spaces, the more comfortable we become with the uncomfortable. The end result is growth, which is what we all want. It doesn't come easy, and it doesn't come quick. Just remember you have this supportive community to walk the walk with you! Keep on reading to see who our featured artists are for the month, and what ways they challenge themselves in their own practice.
How Do You Challenge Yourself? Share in the Comments Below!
FEATURED ARTIST #1 - ELENA BURYKINA
KEEP UP WITH ELENA ON SOCIAL
ELENA'S TIPS TO CHALLENGE
- Be critical of your own work.
- Take classes or participate in workshops of your favorite artists.
- Try new techniques and new art forms.
FEATURED ARTIST #2 - PATRICIA LEONA (SCHUT)
PATRICIA'S TIPS TO CHALLENGE
1. I try to paint everyday
2. Try new mediums & techniques every now and then.
3. Follow several online classes, workshops and challenges.
KEEP UP WITH PATRICIA ON SOCIAL
FEATURED ARTIST #3 - LUCIE RONDEAU
KEEP UP WITH LUCIE ON SOCIAL
LUCIE'S TIPS TO CHALLENGE
- Go out of my comfort zone with new tools or new format, specially big format, to me 36 x 36 inches is big. For me they are scary.
- Paint in public, which I will do this summer for the first time, I am nervous but also very excited.
- Paint a series - never done that but I know I should. I am still a young artist with very short experience and the other day, I decided to make a series, I did 2 and realized I did not want to be stock with that restriction just yet. I felt that my intuition and spontaneity were not the same. So for now, I just want to paint or draw a personnage with characteristics and features that touch me.
- Paint like another artist that I love the work, it helps to develop my own style.
READY TO TAKE ON A NEW CHALLENGE?
We have two brand new classes opening up in the next month! The first is ACRYLIC PORTRAITS - IT'S JUST PAINT. In this class with Kara Bullock, we will learn more about the importance of value in our portrait work, understanding and applying color theory to our work, and then also taking the guesswork out of our painting practice by using a limited palette. This course opens July 21st! Early Bird ends July 14!
Our second course that will be opening soon is NOT THE USUAL SUSPECTS. In this course, Kathy Lewis will share more about how she creates unique, quirky figures out of paper clay. Kathy is a genius at bringing her clay characters to life, and shares so many of her best kept secrets with you in this class. This class will open on August 4th! Early Bird special through July 20th!
Want to Be Featured?
Would you like to be a featured artist on our blog, or social media? We want to hear directly from our community on your own personal struggles with your artwork and/or art business. Each month we will have different forms for you to fill out, and these will guide many of our sharings over the year. Follow the button below to fill out our current form on topics that will be discussed over the next few months!
Sign up with your email address to learn about upcoming sales, classes, retreats, and so much more!
Leave a Comment