I have some wonderful & exciting news! Tamara Laporte from Willowing Arts has written a 2nd book! It's called 'Ever After: Create Fairy Tale-Inspired Mixed-Media Art Projects to Develop Your Personal Artistic Style' and I get to give away a copy!
Let me tell you a bit more about Tam's new book in case you haven't heard about it yet!
Let the wisdom and enchantment of timeless fables and fiction help you achieve your creative goals! From celebrated mixed-media artist and author of “Create Your Life Book” Tamara Laporte, Ever After is a rich collection of step-by-step mixed-media art lessons inspired by fairy tales, folk tales, and classic fiction.
Based on one of Tamara’s popular series of online classes, Ever After addresses the most frequently asked question she receives from her students: “How do I develop my own creative style?”
In addition to the beautiful art lessons created especially for this book by Tamara and eight other noted mixed-media artists, each chapter offers creative exercises that invite readers to explore stories, their symbolism, and a specific aspect of style development as they work toward and ultimately achieve their artistic goals.
- The Story of You. Explore the experiences, feelings, and ideas that stir your passion, and how to adapt and change motifs and other visual elements to make them your own.
- Inspiration: How to Find It, How to Use It. Examine how to stay open to inspiration, incorporate it into your art practice, and integrate it into your artwork.
- Comfort Zones & Productivity. Learn strategies for working through your fear and dedicating time to your artmaking.
- Dealing with Challenges & Deepening Your Voice. Find guidance for starting a mindfulness practice to help you deal with harsh feedback, and for allowing yourself the joy of continually evolving your story, your message, and your style.
Ever After will teach you to tell your own unique stories through artmaking so that your wish—to become the artist you’ve always wanted to be—is sure to come true!
Guest Teachers Includes lessons and tips from these renowned mixed-media artists:
- Kara Bullock
- Lucy Chen
- Danita Art
- Andrea Gomoll
- Annie Hamman
- Mariëlle Stolp
- Effy Wild
- Micki Wilde
Fairy Tales, Fables & Fiction Featured stories include:
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Beauty & the Beast
- Goldilocks & the Three Bears
- Peter Pan
- Sleeping Beauty
- The Little Mermaid
This book is all that I expected AND so much more! Not only will you learn more about different fairy tales, but you will also get to see several different artist's take on fairy tale choice! I found it so interesting to read through each artist's thought process as she was creating her piece of artwork. The book is also jam-packed with amazing, step-by-step photos, to help you follow along with the various art projects! There is such a nice variety of projects, truly something for everyone in this book!
The book is now out (yay!) and can be ordered in the following places:
US: Amazon | Barns & Noble | Indie Bound UK: Amazon | CA: Amazon | Indigo AU: Booktopia
If you want a signed copy you can order it off Tam's site directly here: http://bit.ly/EABookTam
Now then, onto the give-away and blog hop! 🙂 I can give away 1 copy of Tam's book to 1 lucky winner, yay! 🙂 And if you follow the blog hop (see below for links and dates) you can up your chances of winning by entering all the other give-aways also! 🙂
How to enter the give-away:
- Share this give-away on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- Sign up to my newsletter HERE
- Leave a comment below letting us know why you would love to get a copy of Tam's book!
I will announce the winner on August 26th!
Here is the list of the other people on Tam's Book Launch Blog Hop – they too will be giving away a copy of Tam's book so go check them out and enter their give-aways! 🙂
Have fun following the blog hop and look out for my newsletter on August 26th to see who my winner is!