Effective Date: May 24, 2018
Unless otherwise stated, the Policy applies when you visit or use any of our Company websites (karabullockart.com), social media channels, and related platforms ("Sites"). This Policy also applies to the use of information you share with me offline. Offline or in-person would be if you share information with me at my studio or another art event where you may give me your email address in order to receive my newsletter, or something of that nature.
By using the Sites, you agree to the terms of the Policy, our Terms of Service, and any other written agreement that governs your use of our Sites. You should not use our Sites if you do not agree with the terms and conditions contained in such agreements.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
On my website I will collect personal information that you give to me and also data that is automatically collected. Personal information is not collected unless you volunteer it. For example, if you sign up for my blog, my newsletter, or any other form on my website, you may be asked to give your first and last name, and your email address. When products are purchased on my site, you will be asked to give your name, address, and phone number so that the US government knows that you are a real person and what your residence is. When you purchase a product, you will check out using either PayPal or Stripe. These are both secure payment systems. They are necessary to make payments and invoicing possible via the Internet. Your payment details are sent directly to these services from our secure payment environment, and that information is not shared with anyone other than the service and me.
HOW WE USE THE DATA COLLECTED
There are different ways that we will use the data collected. They are as follows:
- We will email you to deliver and confirm products you have purchased from my site such as online classes, prints, and other products.
- We will email you if you have subscribed to my newsletter. You will received regular emails for updates to my art school, when new classes are coming, freebies and give aways, and anything else about my business that I think you would find valuable. You will only receive these emails if you have given me explicit permission by subscribing to my blog and newsletter.
- We will use your data to give you information about courses that have been purchased and to support you in our online learning environment.
- We will use your data if you are attending any in-person functions. You will be notified about any updates, changes or reminders pertaining to these functions.
- You may be emailed to request feedback on our products or services.
- We may use your information to get third parties to whom we may outsource work to such as technical, marketing or customer service support. It may be used to contact you for the delivery of our products, services, for problems or to solve any issues with our newsletters and/or membership program. These third parties are required to treat your data confidentially.
- Upon registering on my website, you are asked to create a username and password. Your information is stored in a protected area of the website. We are not able to view your password, but can see your username and email address.
These are the third-parties that we work with to serve clients on my website. If you visit my site and click on any of my links or videos, information may be collected from you:
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER SITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
REQUESTING INSIGHT AND CUSTOMIZING INFORMATION
If you have subscribed to my newsletter or other things that we share on my website, we will email you at the email address you sign up with to ensure that you are receiving all of the information promised to you. I use MailChimp as my newsletter service. This means that Mailchimp will receive your data to ensure that you receive the newsletters. However, this information is confidential unless you give me permission to share it in anyway. We will use this data for as long as you are a newsletter subscriber. If at any time you would like to stop receiving newsletters, you can unsubscribe by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email that has been sent out to you
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw the permission to process your data that you have given us. If you would like to do this, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PRIVACY STATEMENT”.
CHANGES IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
It is recommended that you read this Privacy Statement regularly as any changes to my website may result in a change to this statement.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
If you have any questions, at any time about this Privacy Statement, please email me at email@example.com. This Privacy Statement will be kept up-to-date according to the development in the Privacy legislation.