BEHIND THE LEAVES
- Course is Open
- Instructor – Stephanie Schütze
- 5 Lessons/6+ Hours of Instruction
- Lifetime Access/Downloadable Content
- Private Facebook Group
- Course Price – $59
ARE YOU READY TO ENTER INTO A WORLD OF DREAMS? BEHIND THE LEAVES IS MY PERSONAL INVITATION TO YOU WHERE I WILL SHARE MY VISION OF THE WORLD AND INTO MY INTERPRETATION OF ABSTRACT ART.
I would like to invite you into my vision of the world and into my interpretation of abstract art. There is a yearning for magic in each one of us. Let us go back to a world of wonder in which there is childlike joy, magical beings, and a lot of imagination. Join Stephanie Schütze as she shows you how to create imaginative paintings using real pictures and photos, and the ease and vitality of leaves and sketchings. I’m so happy to share it with you and looking forward to see you in the class!
By the end of this course students will have an understanding of the following concepts:
- Letting your intuition and fantasy guide you to create a magical fantasy world
- Using photo transfers for your motives
- Using abstract leaves in different ways as the red thread of all projects
- Dressing up your motives and use papers to create dimensions
- Using collage to create interesting background effects with paper scraps
- Sketching buildings and animals and how to add shadows and dimensions to bring them to life
- Fun techniques for mark making
DESCRIPTION OF LESSONS
LESSON 1 - PRINCESS OF THE BRIDGE
In Lesson 1, I will walk you through the first steps of abstracting your art! The first project is designed to create a painting with real elements and abstract parts by using paints, paper & lace, sketches and stencils. In this piece I will be using my daughter as my muse! I encourage you to use someone you know to bring more life and meaning to your pieces! The color theme for this lesson will be red, blue, brown and white!
LESSON 2 - ANIMALS ON COLOR
In Lesson 2, we will begin working on sketching and painting our animals. Animals can be a beautiful edition to any painting, and I will show you how easily you can create them yourself! This lesson will consist of two paintings in which we will expand our skills in sketching animals and using the leaves as a main detail. I will show you how I create my colorful backgrounds using acrylic paints and texture. It is very easy to create several of these at one time for a beautiful set of paintings!
LESSON 3 - PRINCESS BEHIND THE LEAVES
In Lesson 3, we will work on marrying all of the techniques in the previous lessons to create a larger piece! Yes, this piece will have the realistic and the abstract, the animals and our muse! I will show you how I love to bring everything together in a bigger painting: more realistic parts into the abstract painting with photo transfer & collage, sketches of buildings and animals and using the shapes of leave to create dimension. You will also use your imagination to bring your own story alive. Let your imagination be your guide!
Aside from our main lessons, we will also begin with a warm up and end with a bonus! The warm up activity will give you a feeling of painting leaves in a simple and loose way with a focus on color combinations.
The bonus lesson, seen here, takes up your own imagination in the design of the motif and extends the possibilities of using leaves as shapes for the painting and changing color palette.
COURSE IS OPEN!
Lifetime Access - Download All Content
Prerecorded - Work at Your Own Pace
Cost - $59
PRIVATE GROUP JUST FOR YOU!
This course will have a private Facebook group just for you! I will be actively involved with the class via Facebook during the four weeks that the course is open! I am really excited about working through these exercises with each of you!
The best part about this class is that you probably have what you need! The list below are the exact items I will be using! I always recommend trying to use what you already have unless you really WANT or NEED to go out and buy some new supplies!
- Photos (printed out of a Ink Jet or Laser Printer), Pictures of Buildings (download at the classroom)
- 3 coaster or small cardboards
- 3 small canvas boards
- Big, middle and small flat brush and small round brushes (use brushes you prefer)
- Glass of water
- Mixing palette
- Photo transfer potch – Hobby Line (or use Gel Medium)
- Mod Podge or Gel Medium for adhering papers
- Clear Coat (Acrylic Varnish)
- White tissue paper
- Pieces of other decoupage or tissue paper
- Pieces of lace, gauze
- Fabric to dry brushes
- Pigma Micron Pen 005 and/or 01, 02 – Sakura
- Uni POSCA pen black & white 0.7 mm tip
- Hole maker (or big needle, paper piercer)
- PITT Artist Pen Big Brush black – Faber Castell
- Ink Brush Pen black, grey – Pentel
- Stencils: Craftwers Workshop TCW224S, TCW 237S; joggles.com No. 30-33714
- Hole maker (or big needle, paper piercer)
- Stamp roler (for background pattern)
- Acrylic paint and Gesso (Please use the paints and colors you have. We will use most reds (I used the color red iron oxide from Golden on every painting,) and blues (turquoise), brown and white.)
- Black Acrylic Medium (Gesso)
- White Gesso – Golden (or other brand)
- Sky blue – Amsterdam
- Yellowish green – Amsterdam
- Turquoise blue – Amsterdam
- Sevres blue – Amsterdam
- Titanium white – Pebeo
- Titan buff – Golden
- Red iron oxide – Golden
- Naphtol red light – Golden
- Olive green deep – Amsterdam
- Persian rose – Amsterdam
- Transparent red iron oxide – Golden
- Mars yellow – Golden
- Manganese blue hue – Golden
- Light magenta – Golden
- Burnt umber – Gerstäcker / Amsterdam (or other brand)
- Pale umber – Winsor & Newton
- Pyrrole orange – Golden
- Cadmium yellow medium – Golden
- Cadmium orange - Amsterdam
- Phtalo Blue (red shade) - Golden
- Yellowish green – Schmincke
- Aureolin hue – Golden
- Naphtol red deep – Amsterdam
- Cobalt turquoise – Golden
- Olive blass – Winsor & Newton
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON ACCESSING CLASSES AND SELLING WORK CREATED IN THIS COURSE:
**Upon purchasing your course, you will be asked to create an account. If you have already created an account, after purchase your course will IMMEDIATELY be available under “LOGIN” at the top right-hand of karabullockart.com.
**If your course does not show up, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Due to the nature of the immediate availability of the course, all purchases are nonrefundable.
**Please talk to the artist of the course about his/her policy on selling artwork created in this course prior to selling any works created during course. Some artists will allow it, while others do not. Thank you for your support.