ELENA BURYKINA IN AN OIL PORTRAIT DEMO
- Demo is open!
- Instructor – Elena Burykina
- 4+ Hours of Content
- Lifetime Access/Downloadable Content
- Demo Price – $99
Would you like to watch how old, dry, bald brushes can add beauty to portraits? Are you ready to view ways to add more creativity to the painting process?
In her first online demo tutorial, Elena shows her general process of creating a portrait, stage by stage, from exploring the structure of a subject through drawing and continuing with a more intuitive process of painting. Elena focuses on using different kinds of dry brushes and will share with you a whole arsenal of dry brush processes. Applying patches of paint with a brush stroke, drawing or stretching paint with dry old brushes, and layering paint with soft synthetic brushes, will be covered. The techniques learned in this course will give you new skills to add to your toolbox so that you can become more creative in your own personal, portrait painting process.
Students will view Elena complete the following processes:
- View preparation of photo-references
- Draw as a continuing process of exploring a subject
- Premix colors
- Wet-on-wet (alla prima) painting process (in modeling a hand)
- Develop first layer of a painting by layering paint with soft synthetic brush
- Develop elements of the portrait (face, hands, hair will be covered)
- Move, stretch and scratch paint on the surface with old bald brushes
- Use a photo-reference as a guide
*This is not a course, but rather a demonstration.
DEMO IS OPEN!
Lifetime Access - Download All Content
Cost - $99
DESCRIPTION OF DEMO
Join Elena in her first ever, online demonstration, where she will share her beautiful, creative, painting process. This demo is perfect for students that are knowledgeable in drawing portraits, mixing paint, and using oil paints to create portraits. Watch as Elena shows her technique of using a variety of brushes and paint colors to create interesting and unique portraits. If you are ready to be inspired, and try new things, then this demonstration is for you! If you are new to painting portraits, this demonstration may be challenging, but could be very inspirational. This series of videos is a demonstration and is not an instructional course. The videos have been sped up. However, Elena shows in great detail the variety of brushes that she uses, up close, along with her palette and reference photo. It is very clear how she begins and completes this gorgeous painting of her dear friend, and incredible artist friend Mia Bergeron. If you want to be inspired, SIGN UP TODAY!
DEMO IS OPEN!
Lifetime Access - Download All Content
Cost - $99
MEET ELENA BURYKINA - ARTIST/INSTRUCTOR
Elena is an artist based in Chattanooga, TN USA. As a child in Ukraine, Elena received a classical art education which she used for over a decade as an architect. She moved to the USA and returned her full attention to painting in 2013. In 2016, she won an Emerging Artist Scholarship at the 2017 4 Bridges Art Festival in Chattanooga, Tennessee. In 2018, she participated in her first group exhibition “Women Painting Women” at The Customs House Museum & Cultural Center in Clarksville, Tennessee.
Elena is a member of The Portrait Society of America, where she received a Certificate of Excellence in the 2019 International Portrait Competition, and she received an Honorable Mention in the International Biennial Portrait Competition at the Wausau Museum of Contemporary Art in Wausau, Wisconsin.
Her favorite subjects to paint are people with their personalities, moods, thoughts, and favorite things. “I really like to explore the personalities of my models through building the structure of portraiture with oil paint and paintbrush.”
Works by Elena Burykina - these are not part of the demo tutorial
PRIVATE GROUP JUST FOR YOU!
This course will have a private Facebook group just for you! I will be actively involved with the class via Facebook during the four weeks that the course is open! I am really excited about working through these exercises with each of you!
Below is a list of the supplies that I will be using for the projects in this course. However, you are always encouraged to use what you have on hand.
Materials List / Drawing
- Photo reference (printed in monochrome), pencil, eraser, pen (red), ruler
Materials List / Painting
- 18”/24” or any medium size -- Ampersands alike, smooth primed panel
- Bristle flat brushes -- various sizes
- Bristle round brushes – various sizes / any brand (I use Utrecht, Isabey, Blick)
- Acryl/soft flat brushes – various sizes, 1 ½” / any brand (I use cheap set from Walmart, Amazon)
- Cheap 2-inch housepainting brushes for oils from the hardware store– 2-3
- Old dry hard brushes (preferably round, but flats too, #2-6) which you intend to throw away but did not.
- Paper towels
- Plastic sleeve to protect the photo from the paint (when you will match the color of the paint with the color in the photo)
- Palette Knife (mixing knife or/and painting knives)
- Mediums / Odorless Mineral Spirits (not turpentine or hardware store paint thinner),
- Bleached Linseed Oil.
Oil Paints / Primary Palette
- Titanium White, Yellow Ochre, Raw Sienna, Sepia Extra, Transparent Red Oxide, Flesh ochre, Madder Lake Deep / or Alizarin crimson, Violet grey (Old Holand), King Blue Deep, Ultramarine Blue, Phthalo Green
- Blue Black / or Cold Black (Williamsburg), Brilliant Yellow Pale (Williamsburg), Lemon Yellow, Scheveningen Red medium and light / or Cadmium Red, Indian Yellow, Brilliant Yellow-Reddish, Cantone Rose (Williamsburg), Provence Violet Bluish (Williamsburg), Sap Green
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON ACCESSING CLASSES AND SELLING WORK CREATED IN THIS COURSE:
**Upon purchasing your course, you will be asked to create an account and go through the purchase process, even though the cost is $0. If you have already created an account, after purchase your course will IMMEDIATELY be available under “LOGIN” at the top right-hand of karabullockart.com.
**If your course does not show up, please email us at email@example.com
**Due to the nature of the immediate availability of the course, all purchases are nonrefundable.
**Please talk to the artist of the course about his/her policy on selling artwork created in this course prior to selling any works created during course. Some artists will allow it, while others do not. Thank you for your support.
Aprill Allen (verified owner) –
I enjoyed watching this demo. While I haven’t gone ahead and done a project based on the instruction, I’ve gone ahead and applied a couple of the techniques to my own subjects. One piece has really turned out to be some of my best work, thanks to the stretching technique creating so much beautiful atmosphere.