CHRISTA FORREST IN EXPRESSIVE PORTRAITS
- Course is open!
- Instructor – Christa Forrest
- 3 Lessons/5+ Hours of Instruction
- Lifetime Access/Downloadable Content
- Private FB Community
- Course Price – $69
DOES THE THOUGHT OF PAINTING WITH WATERCOLOR SPARK FEAR IN YOU? WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN MORE PASTELS AS A MEDIUM, AND HOW TO WORK WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF PASTELS?
I created this course for two reasons: to document my journey with watercolors and show you my first true love - pastels. I love watercolors but they have always been the one medium that has always been my struggle. I found watercolors to have a mind of their own and a difficult process to master. So, I decided to practice a bit of patience and learn to let the medium take the lead role in the story. I found ways to introduce watercolors into my creative process by incorporating techniques and tools to help me explore the beauty of this fluid medium. This course illustrates the tools and techniques that I have learned to help me find a new love within my creative process and journey.
By the end of this course students will have an understanding of the following concepts:
- Learn about various pastels and how to use
- Transfer a sketch onto pastel surface
- Create a vibrant underpainting with watercolors
- Add additional layers using pastels
- Experiment with painting techniques to enhance details
- Discover how to preserve your pastels – a discussion of using a fixative as well as framing
- Explore building up beautiful layers using watercolors
- Utilize watercolor pencils to enhance skin tone and details
COURSE OPENS AUGUST 19TH
Lifetime Access - Download All Content
Cost - $69
DESCRIPTION OF LESSONS
LESSON 1 - INTRODUCTION TO PASTELS
In this bonus lesson, I am introducing the vibrant and versatile medium of pastels. Most think of pastels as a drawing tool but in this course, I will be showing you how to paint with pastels and use watercolors to add to the expressiveness of your piece. In this bonus lesson, we will get a basic understanding of the types of pastels and surfaces available as well as a quick demo of a landscape utilizing some basic techniques.
LESSONS 2 AND 3 - EXPRESSIVE PORTRAITS
In our first main lesson, we are exploring pastels and watercolor. Starting with an underpainting using watercolors– we build upon our expressive portrait using several layers of pastels. Painting with pastels is what I call it!
In our second main lesson, we are exploring watercolor. I have always struggled with incorporating watercolors into my creative process. But I am always moved by the beautiful surprises and effects watercolor leaves. Here I show you the tips and techniques I have learned to utilize within my process to make exploring watercolors an enjoyable and amazing creative experience. We will also be using pastels on top of the watercolor portrait in this piece, too!
COURSE OPENS AUGUST 19TH!
Lifetime Access - Download All Content
Cost - $69
MEET CHRISTA FORREST - ARTIST/INSTRUCTOR
Christa is a full-time artist specializing in pastel, oil, acrylic and mixed media art. After spending 20 years in a finance career, she decided to follow her true passion and become a full-time artist. Christa spends her time sharing her passion with others, teaching others to be creative and exploring the world's landscape recreating it onto canvas. Her work is a mixture of realism, exploration, experimentation and pure fun.
She recently began creating a detailed and expressive Goddess series where she incorporates the divine feminine and illustrates the strength many women struggle to connect with in their daily lives. “We remember to nourish our bodies with food and water but seem to forget to remember to nourish our souls.” Why do we find our inner selves starving and yearning for something more? Christa hopes to encourage everyone to unleash their inner Goddess through her artwork. A current project is in the works to help others unleash their creative soul through art, music and creative expression. Helping creatives learn to nourish the soul, Creative Souls Art will explore creating from within and intuitively without the pressure of perfection and judgement.
PRIVATE GROUP JUST FOR YOU!
This course will have a private Facebook group just for you! I will be actively involved with the class via Facebook during the four weeks that the course is open! I am really excited about working through these exercises with each of you!
Below is a list of the supplies that I will be using for the projects in this course. However, you are always encouraged to use what you have on hand.
- Pastel Paper – I am using UART brand paper 600 grit
- 12x12 Wood Panel treated with a Watercolor ground
- Sketchbook – for initial sketch
- Pastels – an assortment of hard and/or semi hard and soft pastels
- I am using hard pastels – nupastels
- Semi-hard pastels – Girault
- Soft Pastels – Terry Ludwig
- A selection of browns, earthy reds – skin tones color – and greys
- I like to have about 3-4 values of each
Here are some good sets that have a good selection of colors:
Here is a great resource to pastel supplies
- I am using QOR watercolors
- Viridian green
- Quinacridone Magenta
- Naples Yellow
- Paynes Grey
- Alizarin Crimson
- Red Oxide
- Yellow Ochre
- Jane Davenport watercolor palette Bright Set
- Assorted watercolor brushes – I like round shapes in different sizes
- Watercolor Pencils – I am using Derwent Inktense
- A selection of browns, earthy reds, yellows, purples, white and indigo
- Acrylic Ink
- Carbon Black
- Burnt Umber
- Rubbing alcohol
- Old bristle brush
- Palette for mixing your watercolors
- Spray Bottle
- Masking Fluid
- Paper towel
- Water containers
- Graphite transfer paper
- A small container
- Paper towels
- Baby wipes
- artist tape
- Hard surface to attach pastel paper tohttps://www.dickblick.com/products/blick-studio-artists-panels/
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON ACCESSING CLASSES AND SELLING WORK CREATED IN THIS COURSE:
**Upon purchasing your course, you will be asked to create an account. If you have already created an account, after purchase your course will IMMEDIATELY be available under “LOGIN” at the top right-hand of karabullockart.com.
**If your course does not show up, please email us at email@example.com
**Due to the nature of the immediate availability of the course, all purchases are nonrefundable.
**Please talk to the artist of the course about his/her policy on selling artwork created in this course prior to selling any works created during course. Some artists will allow it, while others do not. Thank you for your support.