MIXED MEDIA COLLAGE WITH PAUL CRISTINA, MARCH 6-8
Out of stock
"In my work, I want to confront that place inside of myself where our fear, hate, anger, insecurity and dysfunction reside. I want to explore what might be below the surface of those things - in a place where truths can be found, regardless of how disturbing or unpleasant they may be."
I am honored to announce that that Paul Cristina will be coming back to my studio to teach in March of 2020! If you missed out on taking his last workshop here, then this is your chance! Paul keeps his class sizes small so that he can have more time with the students. He also is so generous with all that he shares! Learn more about this workshop below!
Friday, Day 1:
10:00 – 4:00
- Give everyone brief background about myself and what I do, artistic development, current process,
- General approach to creativity / intuition,
- Encourage, motivate
- Ask folks what they hope to accomplish during the week
- Guided walkthrough while I draw and work with charcoal and collage / talk about different aspects of the process / answer questions, etc
- Allow everyone to play around and get comfortable with materials
- Be loose, experiment, have fun
Saturday, Day 2:
10:00 – 4:00
- Begin making small study pieces on preferred substrate
- Can be drawing/portrait, photo collage, or abstract
- Focus on layering, building the surface and experimenting with materials
- Creating line with embedded string or twine within layers
- Developing our pieces into compositions as we continue working
Sunday, Day 3:
10:00 – 4:00
- Continue working on piece(s) from previous day and/or starting new piece
- Returning piece(s) from previous day that were required to dry overnight (if applicable)
- Cutting / tearing / sanding into built up layers
- Finishing pieces
Registration is Open! Limited to 10 Students!
March 6-8, 2020
Kara Bullock Art Studio
145 W. Main St. Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
*FREE PARKING - located at studio
Airport Information and Other Hotel Accommodations Nearby:
- You will fly into John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California
- Hotels within ten minutes include:
- Most hotels include airport shuttle and free breakfast. Check websites to confirm.
Workshop Policies: Due to limited class size, payment is non-refundable, but is transferable ONLY if the workshop sells out. If you purchase a workshop and are unable to attend, AND if there is a wait list for the course, we will offer your spot to a person on the wait list. If someone on the wait list is able to take your spot, we will reimburse you your tuition, minus a $75 admin fee for handling the replacement. If you are unable to attend the workshop, and the workshop has not sold out with a wait list, we will not be able to refund your purchase.