MIX YOUR MEDIUMS
- Course is Open
- Instructor – Ursula Wollenberg
- 5 Projects/6+ Hours of Instruction
- Lifetime Access/Downloadable Content
- Private Facebook Group
- Course Price – $59
DO YOU HAVE DIFFERENT ART MEDIUMS LAYING AROUND YOUR HOUSE OR STUDIO? ARE YOU CURIOUS WHICH MEDIUMS WORK WELL TOGETHER?
In MIX YOUR MEDIUMS, we will explore and create several projects using different mediums and subject matter. I love using supplies and mediums in unconventional ways. Combining mediums and exploring how each react in combination with one another is a great way to experiment. Not only does this help us to determine the characteristics of materials used, but also helps us to find techniques applied to those materials. We will learn where to get inspiration and discover your own unique painting process. This class is just a small example of the possibilities available. It is my hope that through this class, you will be inspired to continue on and experiment in new and different ways!
By the end of this course students will have an understanding of the following concepts:
- Importance of layering to achieve an interesting and complete painting.
- Creating depth and interest into a piece of art.
- Building color with washes.
- Glazing techniques with mediums and paint.
- Combining creativity and intuition.
- Learn to subdue the natural tendency to see detail and value changes.
- Color and harmony.
- Creating texture and interesting background designs.
- Creating balance between opaque and transparent, while using a variety of mediums.
DESCRIPTION OF LESSONS
LESSON 1 - HYDRANGEA
If you love flowers as much as I do, you will enjoy painting these hydrangea in a fun creative style. Not only will we be using brushes, but other tools will be involved in the process. You will be able to create a lovely, abstract painting to enjoy year round.
LESSON 3 - A PORTRAIT LESSON
For lesson three, we will create a portrait that can be added to your journal or canvas. Various mediums will be used to create a soft, watercolor style painting. We will explore skin tones, color mixing and painting more intuitively. If you are seeking a more painterly style in your paintings, you will enjoy this lesson.
LESSON 4 - THE BALLERINA
This lesson is an introduction to water-soluble, oil paints. I have learned to love oils through the years and will share how I use them and which ones work best in my studio. There are no odors, less drying time, and they are easier to clean up. We will be painting one of favorite subjects, a ballerina!
COURSE IS OPEN!
Lifetime Access - Download All Content
Prerecorded - Work at Your Own Pace
Cost - $59
PRIVATE GROUP JUST FOR YOU!
This course will have a private Facebook group just for you! I will be actively involved with the class via Facebook during the four weeks that the course is open! I am really excited about working through these exercises with each of you!
You will probably have many of the supplies that you need for this class! The list below are the exact items I will be using! I always recommend trying to use what you already have unless you really WANT or NEED to go out and buy some new supplies!
- 8x10 Canson watercolor board
- Variety of canvas sizes
- Stencils of choice
- Pastel Stick - Burnt Umber
- Creatacolor - Nero Hard # Black pencil or Stabilo All Black
- Palette Knife and Catalyst
- Shiva Artist's Paintstik - Titanium White
- Chalk Paints
- DecoArt Americana Premium Acrylic Paint:
- Sap Green
- Cadmium Red Hue
- Titan Buff
- Ultramarine Blue
- Primary Yellow
- Golden Heavy Body Acrylics:
- Golden fluid Acrylics:
- Daniel Smith Watercolors:
- Variety of good Watercolor and Acrylic brushes
For the Bonus Project Only
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON ACCESSING CLASSES:
**Upon purchasing your course, you will be asked to create an account. If you have already created an account, after purchase your course will IMMEDIATELY be available under “LOGIN” at the top right-hand of karabullockart.com.
**If your course does not show up, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Due to the nature of the immediate availability of the course, all purchases are nonrefundable.