LET’S FACE IT – 2017
- Class is Open
- 49 Lessons
- Journal Prompts
- Lifetime Access/Downloadable Content
- Private Facebook Group
- Cost – $129
Classroom is Open! Start Creating Today!
LET'S FACE IT - 2017
LIFETIME ACCESS - Download ALL Content
FACE IT – ACCEPT IT – LOVE IT – NURTURE IT
Hello Awesome, Creative Beings!!!! I am so happy to see you back for another year of LET’S FACE IT! Last year, we came together for our very first year of focusing on faces and portraits. I was so thrilled by the response to the course that I just knew we had to have another go! So, here we are, back for more! For LET’S FACE IT 2017, I have put together a ridiculously awesome, super yummy, fantabulous group of 19 of my favorite mixed media artists. Together, we want to share MORE of our strategies, tips, and techniques that we use in order to create our faces and portraits so that you can continue on this path of creating beautiful, creative portraits!
What is LET’S FACE IT?
I know from my own personal experience just how intimidating it can be to draw/create faces and portraits. In fact, at one point, I was so scared by the process that I quit creating for years! After connecting with others via Facebook and art workshops, I found that I was not alone, and this concept of a year of creating portraits began to brew in my mind! Let’s Face It started last year in 2016, and we have 900+ students to date with people still signing up! We have created a community of encouraging artists that want to work together to overcome these fears and support one another along the way!
“In this course, we learn to face our fears of creating faces and portraits, accept where we are on our personal journey, love what we make and know the value of each piece, and continue to nurture our skills so that we feel more comfortable and more confident in continuing on this adventure to finding out what our “face” is!“
LET’S FACE IT 2017 is a course for anyone that wants to practice creating faces and portraits, but was especially designed for those of you that have felt scared or intimidated to do so at some point in your life. This course will be a safe place for you to continue to practice your skills and receive feedback from other artists and learners along the way. The weekly lessons will give you the instruction you need to learn how to construct a face in different positions. You will learn specifically how to draw a face/portrait, and then how to use different materials to complete your portraits. We will use media such as paints, pencils, pastels and more!!!
Just like Let’s Face It 2016, LFI 2017 is also a progressive course. It will be broken down into sections, much like a college course. Sounds great, right!?! What is even better is that each section will have a specific focus. in 2016, we focused on the front face, 3/4 face, and profile. We also spent time on the figure and hands! For 2017, we will have a quick review on some of these and then dive right in to our NEW AREAS OF FOCUS!!! We will be focusing on the following concepts in this course:
- skin tones, light and dark
- mixing your own paints to create color
- more difficult angles of the face
- expressive poses
- young faces and old faces
- beautiful backgrounds
- AND style development
As we progress through the course, the various instructors will be teaching you their techniques and strategies that they use as they create in their particular style. The course is set up in this fashion so that you get tons of practice in different areas.
You will also continue to receive weekly Tips and Tricks with Kara, BUT this year, the guest teachers will also offer their own tips and tricks!! Additionally, you will receive weekly journal prompts to give you ideas and inspiration for regular practice. Below is a sample “Tips and Tricks” video from Let’s Face It 2016.
Here is a breakdown of how a typical section will run:
Course Section on Values – Example Only
Week 1 – Introduction to section with Kara
Week 2 – Lesson with Guest Artist
Week 3 – Mini Lesson/Technique Lesson
Week 4 – Lesson with Guest Artist
Week 5 – Mini Lesson/Technique Lesson
Week 6 – Lesson with Guest Artist
Week 7 – Mini Lesson/Technique Lesson
Week 8 – Lesson with hostess Kara Bullock and Wrap Up
What is really special about LET’S FACE IT is that it is full of various talented artists, each with their own unique style. You will see that some artists have a more realistic style, and others are more whimsical. Each artist has worked very hard to find her style when it comes to creating her face and a bit of that journey will be shared with you in hopes of inspiring you to find “your face”. My hope for Let’s Face It – 2017 is to bring you back for more inspiration to help you continue on your personal journey of discovery and growth as you continue to develop you own unique style of painting portraits.
Here is your super-duper, delicious, “out-of-this-world” group of instructors that I know you will not be able to pass up!
Click on the names below to learn more about each artist!
Can you believe this amazing line up???!!?!? Pinch yourself, because it is real!!!
So, what is included with this course?
- 50 weeks of amazing stuff! Each week you will receive a BRAND NEW lesson that has never been seen before! While these lessons are all new, some of the techniques might be ones that you are familiar with. Some of the lessons will be full-length videos from the instructors that walk you step-by-step through their creative process in creating faces/portraits. Other lessons will be mini lessons, PDFs, etc. that share special tips and strategies to use as you are creating. Typically we will be rotating between a full-length and a special technique lesson. This way you will have about two weeks in between the longer lessons.
- 19 lessons from your guest teachers – full length videos with A LOT of hand holding
- 19 mini lessons from your guest teachers – PDFs, short videos that include tips, secrets, tricks, etc. to use when creating faces/portraits
- 10+ lessons from your host, ME, Kara Bullock! My lessons will include both full-length and mini!
- 50 weekly journal prompts to help with practice
- 50 tips on supplies and other art related topics
- 2 ATC Swaps
- Artist Give Aways
- Surprise Guests
- Suggested supply list when registration opens!
- Step-by-step PDF instructions to go along with the main lessons. These will be printable and you can use them to follow along with the lessons.
- Downloadable content that you can keep forever, including the videos!! All videos will be downloadable! Whoo Hoo!!!
- A Facebook group dedicated to those of you taking the course and your teachers!
- Personal time with me. I will have specific times each week that I am available in the Facebook group. Yay!
- A classroom to call your own on my WordPress website
UTTERLY AMAZING, RIGHT!?!?!
20 awesome art teachers plus your hostess (ME), 50+ weeks of lessons, PLUS other goodies!!
CLASSROOM IS OPEN!!!
LIFETIME ACCESS - DOWNLOAD ALL CONTENT
COST – $129
We are so excited and sure hope you will join us for a year of connecting, creating, and collaborating with other creatives like you!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON ACCESSING CLASSES:
**Upon purchasing your course, you will be asked to create an account. If you have already created an account, after purchase your course will be available under “My Classroom” at the top right-hand of karabullockart.com. You can also always find your classes here: https://karabullockart.com/my-courses/
**If your course is not immediately available, please contact us at email@example.com
***Due to the nature of the immediate availability of the course, all purchases are nonrefundable.