LET’S SCULPT DOGS WITH KATHY LEWIS, MAY 5-7 2023
- Registration Open – Limited to 12
- Instructor: Kathy Lewis
- Dates: May 5-7, 2023
- Materials: Listed in Description 1 Month Before Workshop
- Cost – $549
- No discounts or coupons may be used for workshops
4 in stock
Folks have been requesting a clay dog sculpting workshop and it is here! Come make two (at least) dogs with me in person! Bring photos of the dog you would like to create. I will provide details on the suggested types of photos and we will build the dog of your choice in class. I will also choose a breed of dog to build with you first in order to learn the basics. It will be so fun to see all of the dogs we create in class. We may even have time to create an ornament or two! I will provide the clay and most of the tools you will need so you won't have to gather too many supplies, mostly paint and paint brushes. I can’t wait to work with you in person again. It has been too long!
**Exact supplies will be posted one month prior to workshop. Kathy will also be providing some supplies for the course.
Friday, Day 1:
- 9:00 – 3:30 - Workshop
- We will sculpt a dog together, and, time permitting, begin creating a dog of your choice (or I will bring samples for you to create)
Saturday, Day 2:
- 9:00 – 3:30 - Workshop
- The focus on this day will be on creating the dog of your choice. I will describe the types of photos you should bring to work from. Short hair breeds are easier with air dry clay but we can build dogs with longer fur that capture the main attributes of your dog.
Sunday, Day 3:
- 9:00 – 12:00 - Workshop
- Today the focus will be on painting your creations.
Registration is Open! Limited to 12 Students!
May 5-7, 2023
MEET KATHY LEWIS
I am a retired university math teacher who has always made time for art. Initially an art major, I switched to math because I thought there would be better chance at getting a job and making a living with mathematics. Although that was true, I always needed art in my life. So I found ways.
For fifteen years I taught rubber stamping at the largest rubber stamp store in the world, Stampabarbara. When that store closed I knew there would still be new fun things ahead. But one thing I did not see coming was my love for creating clay beings. Inspired by the art of Jeanne-Marie Webb, Morgan Brig, and Jeannine Pennel, I have had my hands in the clay for several years now. Although I love to paint and draw, you will not find me too far from the clay. I hope to share my love for this medium and my love for bringing forth new “life” into the souls you create. It is a bit odd to say but I bond with each creation and find a fulfillment I have not felt with any other medium.
Clay is one of the most gratifying mediums to work with and every stage of creation is awesome but if I had to name a favorite it would be the final stage of painting. It is surprising how learning to paint loosely and from your heart can change a lump of clay. Anyone can do this. I have learned so much and I am bursting to share my creating and painting techniques with you.
Will be listed one month prior to workshop
Kara Bullock Art Studio
145 W. Main St. Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
*FREE PARKING - located at studio
Airport Information and Other Hotel Accommodations Nearby:
- You will fly into John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California
- Hotels within ten minutes include:
- Some hotels include airport shuttle and free breakfast. Call hotels to confirm.
- Uber and Lyft available to bring to studio.
Workshop Policies: Due to limited class size, payment is non-refundableYou are able to transfer this workshop to another person or if there is a waitlist we will connect you with the next person on the list. If you are unable to attend the workshop, and the workshop has not sold out with a wait list, we will not be able to refund your purchase.