INTUITIVE, ABSTRACT PORTRAITS WITH CHRISTINA ROMEO, MARCH 27-29
- Registration Open – Limited to 10
- Instructor: Christina Romeo
- Dates: March 27-29, 2020
- Materials: Listed in Description
- Cost – $389
- No discounts or coupons may be used for workshops
- SOLD OUT – JOIN WAIT LIST
Out of stock
INTUITIVE, ABSTRACT PORTRAITS WITH CHRISTINA ROMEO
- Release the need to control outcomes
- Intuitive mark making
- Color balance in reverse
- Abstract composition
- Using personal analysis to drive your creative voice
- Loose brush work
- The art of ‘seeing”
- Tapping into flow
Friday, Day 1:
- 9:00 – 4:00 -
- Short talk /demo
- Participants will practice intuitive charcoal and graphite messy mark making
- Practice abstract mark making using drawing media
- Continue practice of charcoal intuitive portrait drawing and sketching
Constructing and destructing
Saturday, Day 2:
- 9:00 – 4:00 -
- Conversations/short demo
- We will start with inking or ink flow practicing the use flow techniques on paper
- Practice ink mark making on paper
- Commit to ink flow on Portraits
- Christina will be available to all students for questions and guidance
Sunday, Day 3:
- 9:00 – 4:00 -
- Short Conversation/DEMO
- Pulling it al together
- Spend most of the last day analyzing in reverse to refine and add details to create impact and strong voice
- Afternoon will be spent analyzing and adding detail until our pieces are complete
**Space is limited to 10 students so Christina can give extra one-on-one time to each individual.
***Supplies are listed below under important information along with hotel/travel information.
Registration is Open! Limited to 10 Students!
March 27-29, 2020
I wish to add bold color with strong emotion and balance, elements that carry strong voice. I also include a predominant structural framework using symbolic objects, lines, pencil marks, color and form to operate in a meditative journey within the conventions of a visual language by representing ideas to communicate meaning.
I use a multitude of mixed media in my work, graphite, ink, acrylic, paper, oil pastel, fabric and stitching/embroidery My mixed media work began with a strong textile focus. Mostly structural using contemporary color and line, minimal form to produce tangible practical pieces, but now my focus is more on intuitive abstract portraits.
Born in New York USA, I have lived in many states included Florida and Texas but most of my life was spent in B.C. Canada (25 years) , I currently reside in the PNW in the beautiful lush green state of Oregon.
Supplies will be emailed out at least one month prior to the workshop.
Kara Bullock Art Studio
145 W. Main St. Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
*FREE PARKING - located at studio
Airport Information and Other Hotel Accommodations Nearby:
- You will fly into John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California
- Hotels within ten minutes include:
- Most hotels include airport shuttle and free breakfast. Check websites to confirm.
Workshop Policies: Due to limited class size, payment is non-refundable, but is transferable ONLY if the workshop sells out. If you purchase a workshop and are unable to attend, AND if there is a wait list for the course, we will offer your spot to a person on the wait list. If someone on the wait list is able to take your spot, we will reimburse you your tuition, minus a $75 admin fee for handling the replacement. If you are unable to attend the workshop, and the workshop has not sold out with a wait list, we will not be able to refund your purchase.