FIGURE PAINTING WITH BRITT SNYDER, OCTOBER 9-11
- Registration Open – Limited to 12
- Instructor: Britt Snyder
- Dates: October 9-11, 2020
- Materials: Listed in Description
- Cost – $529
- Model Fee – $20
- No discounts or coupons may be used for workshops
12 in stock
Are you looking to find your own voice in your artwork? Want to learn how to take inspiration and turn it into your own personal statement?
Join Britt Snyder in Tustin as he guides students toward creating a figurative painting with an emphasis on making a personal statement. The goal is not necessarily to have a finished work, but to have questions answered and be able to leave the workshop with a solid understanding of creating a larger scale figurative painting. Workshop limited to 12 so Britt can give one on one guidance to each student!
Friday, Day 1:
- 9:00 – 4:00 - Workshop
- The class will begin with a series of sketches and color studies to observe and get to know the model. Following this, students will sketch (or paint) composition studies and present them for a group critique. After refining the study, students will photograph the model with pictures to be printed out and brought to workshop on the second day. There will be a lecture on assembling digital reference using Photoshop or similar image manipulation programs. The remainder of day one will be working on studies from the live model to aid in the paintings being made.
Saturday, Day 2:
- 9:00 – 4:00 -
- WorkshopStudents will bring in a canvas at the size they wish to work on along with printed out photo reference to work from. The class will begin with blocking in the painting based off the composition study and reference photographs. Multiple ways of blocking in a painting on a large canvas will be discussed with the goal being to give the student options and a method that works for them. The remainder of day two will be spent blocking in the large forms of the figure painting.
Sunday, Day 3:
- 9:00 – 4:00 - Workshop
- Day three will start with a group critique where we help one another solve whatever issues may be present in the paintings. The students will spend the morning picking out a focus area on the painting and refining this a bit. The remainder of the class will be working individually on the paintings and solving painting challenges that come up.
Supplies listed below.
**Space is limited to 12 students so Britt can give extra one-on-one time to each individual. Students can work in oils or acrylics!
Registration is Open! Limited to 12 Students!
October 9-11, 2020
Payment Plan Available Upon Request
MEET BRITT SNYDER
Influenced by late 1800’s impressionism put into a modern context, Snyder’s artwork focuses on capturing memories and feelings on canvas. Working primarily in a figurative context, the paintings reference classical painting, photography and pop culture with an emphasis on capturing and presenting moments in time and presenting the core essence of the portrayed subject.
Oil or acrylic paint. The following is a suggested palette…
- Raw Umber
- Yellow Ochre
- Alizerin Crimson
- Cadmium Yellow
- Cadmium Red
- Titanium White
- Cerulean Blue
- Viridian Green
- Pthalo Blue
For brushes, any brush is fine. My personal preference is to paint with only a few brushes with most of them being flats. If you are interested in getting a similar surface as I get to my paintings, I would suggest bringing textural items such as squeegies, rubber combs and old ruined brushes which I will cover using in class.
I typically paint on a white glass palette, but you are welcome to use whatever works best for you. I use only walnut oil for cleaning my brushes and thinning the paint. No solvents.
Kara Bullock Art Studio
145 W. Main St. Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
*FREE PARKING - located at studio
Airport Information and Other Hotel Accommodations Nearby:
- You will fly into John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California
- Hotels within ten minutes include:
- Most hotels include airport shuttle and free breakfast. Call hotels to confirm.
- Uber and Lyft available to bring to studio.
Workshop Policies: Due to limited class size, payment is non-refundableYou are able to transfer this workshop to another person or if there is a waitlist we will connect you with the next person on the list. If you are unable to attend the workshop, and the workshop has not sold out with a wait list, we will not be able to refund your purchase.