WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE BEAUTIFUL ARTWORK FROM YOUR OWN VINTAGE, FAMILY PHOTOS?
For as long as I can remember old family photos and albums have been some of my most treasured possessions. The people and faces captured in a moment in time are always intriguing to me. I’m excited to share my passion for creating art inspired by these vintage images and invite you to join me on an art-making journey into my family album. In this course, we will explore three different approaches to bringing your vintage images to life through mixed media, acrylic and graphite. Discover how to infuse colour and character into your own treasured images, to honour memories and connect with your vintage heart.
By the end of this course, students will have an understanding of the following concepts:
- Explore different approaches to creating art from vintage photos
- Work from small images that are often lacking in visual information
- Transform black and white photos into colour-filled artwork
- Apply various mixed media techniques to create layers and texture
- Develop an acrylic painting through layering and a variety of techniques
- Gain an understanding of composition using a tool applied by masters down through the centuries
LIFETIME ACCESS - DOWNLOAD ALL CONTENT
Cost - $59
MEET CE DUFF - YOUR CREATIVE GUIDE
“every artwork is a voyage of discovery…”
My name is Ce Duff and I am from Dunedin, a vibrantly artistic little city on the south east coast of the South Island of New Zealand. I have loved art from an early age, but abandoned the dream of being an artist in high school. I came back to it for six years between 1997 and 2003, learning to draw and paint from a variety of experienced teachers. It was at this time my love affair with portraiture began. However I allowed self doubt to get the better of me and again put my pencils and paintbrushes away.
Twelve years later a visit to an exhibition reawakened my inner artist and set me off on my current creative journey. At last I’m committed to the art life for the duration. I love to capture the likeness and emotion in a face and explore my passion for vintage in my work. The faces of people captured in a moment in time are always intriguing to me, allowing the viewer to connect with their own story through an image. I enjoy experimenting with all mediums, but currently work mostly in acrylic, mixed media and collage. I’m active in my local art community and love to share in the artistic journey with others.
PRIVATE GROUP JUST FOR YOU!
This course will have a private Facebook group just for you! I will be actively involved with the class via Facebook for the week that the course opens, and an additional three weeks after! So, if you do not get the projects completed right away, don’t worry! I will still be here for you!
Below is a list of the supplies that I used for the projects in this course. However, you are always encouraged to use what you have on hand. You are not required to purchase any of the items listed below.
- Canvas – 9”x12” (Fredrix Archival Watercolor Canvas), 16”x20”, 8”x10” (Fredrix Mixed Media Board)
- Watercolour Paper – I used Fabriano Artistico Hot Pressed (300lb) 9”x12”
- Heavy Body Acrylics
- Fluid Acrylics
- Golden High Flow - Titanium White
- Liquitex Acrylic Ink
- Naphthol Crimson
- Turquoise Deep
- Titanium White
- Transparent Raw Sienna
- Transparent Raw Umber
- Muted Turquoise
- Prussian Blue Hue
- Acrylic Glazing Liquid (Satin)
- Soft Collage Papers
- Napkins, rice or mulberry paper, sewing pattern tissue, Japanese paper, vintage sheet music
- Matte Medium
- Derwent Inktense Pencils
- Charcoal Grey
- Sepia Ink
- Graphite Pencils
- Mechanical 0.5 with HB lead
- Palomino Blackwing
- Water Soluble Graphite
- Art Graf 2B pencil
- Art Graf Watercolor Graphite Soft Stick
- Cretacolor Graphite Aquarell Pencils 4B (optional) and 8B
- Cretacolor Graphite Powder and old ¼” hog’s hair brush
- Mono Zero Eraser 2.3
- Kneadable Eraser
- Small Blending Stump
- Ranger Mini Misters
- Water Spray Bottle
- Palette Knife
- Craft knife
- Water pot
- Wet wipes
- Paper towels and tissues
**Upon purchasing your course, you will be asked to create an account. If you have already created an account, after purchase your course will be available under “My Classroom” at the top right-hand of karabullockart.com. You can also always find your classes here: https://karabullockart.com/my-courses/
**Due to the nature of the immediate availability of the course, all purchases are nonrefundable.
Sign up with your email address to learn about upcoming sales, classes, retreats, and so much more!