THE USUAL SUSPECTS WITH KATHY LEWIS, OCTOBER 23-25
- Registration Open – Limited to 12
- Instructor: Kathy Lewis
- Dates: October 23-25, 2020
- Materials: Listed in Description 1 Month Before Workshop
- Cost – $419
- No discounts or coupons may be used for workshops
4 in stock
I am thrilled to offer this new class of building original clay souls in an intuitive way. There is truly something special about creating a one of a kind character that has personality all of his/her own. I would not have imagined it could be so gratifying. Jeanne-Marie Webb introduced the process to me in an online class called soulbearers (strongly recommended) and I have had my hands in the (air dry) clay ever since.
Friday, Day 1:
- 9:00 – 3:30 - Workshop
- Day one we will build a figure with simple or no arms or legs. This will have time to dry and we will be able to paint it on day two or three. Time permitting we will create a second figure with arms and hands but no wire. These can still be quite expressive.
Saturday, Day 2:
- 9:00 – 3:30 - Workshop
- Day two will focus on creating figures with arms and hands (and even legs) created with a wire armature. There will be a focus on creating expressive hands and postures that exude emotion. We will spend the full day working on bodies with arms/hands, facial features, accessories (such as bowls, tea cups, vegetables). I can’t wait to see what your imagination presents!
Sunday, Day 3:
- 9:00 – 12:00 - Workshop
- Day three we will continue to build and finish our sculptures. Our first sculpture will be dry and ready to paint. You will be amazed at the personalities you have created. I feel a sweet sort of bond with every one I create.
What supplies/materials you will need for this class:
Exact supplies will be posted one month prior to workshop.
Registration is Open! Limited to 12 Students!
October 23-25, 2020
Payment Plan Available Upon Request
MEET KATHY LEWIS
I am a retired university math teacher who has always made time for art. Initially an art major, I switched to math because I thought there would be better chance at getting a job and making a living with mathematics. Although that was true, I always needed art in my life. So I found ways.
For fifteen years I taught rubber stamping at the largest rubber stamp store in the world, Stampabarbara. When that store closed I knew there would still be new fun things ahead. But one thing I did not see coming was my love for creating clay beings. Inspired by the art of Jeanne-Marie Webb and Morgan Brig, I have had my hands in the clay for the past two years and although I love to paint and draw, you will not find me too far from the clay. I hope to share my love for this medium and my love for bringing forth new “life” into the souls you create. It is a bit odd to say but I bond with each creation and find a fulfillment I have not felt with any other medium.
Clay is one of the most gratifying mediums to work with and every stage of creation is awesome but if I had to name a favorite it would be the final stage of painting. It is surprising how learning to paint loosely and from your heart can change a lump of clay. And anyone can do this. I have learned so much and I am bursting to share my creating and painting techniques with you.
Will be listed one month prior to workshop
Kara Bullock Art Studio
145 W. Main St. Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
*FREE PARKING - located at studio
Airport Information and Other Hotel Accommodations Nearby:
- You will fly into John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California
- Hotels within ten minutes include:
- Most hotels include airport shuttle and free breakfast. Call hotels to confirm.
- Uber and Lyft available to bring to studio.
Workshop Policies: Due to limited class size, payment is non-refundableYou are able to transfer this workshop to another person or if there is a waitlist we will connect you with the next person on the list. If you are unable to attend the workshop, and the workshop has not sold out with a wait list, we will not be able to refund your purchase.