EXPLORING THE FIGURE WITH MARTIN CAMPOS, AUGUST 22-25
- Registration Open – Limited to 12
- Instructor: Martin Campos
- Dates: August 22-25
- Materials: Listed One Month Prior to Workshop
- Cost – $749
- Model Fee - $50
- Payment Plan Available Upon Request
- A rounded sense of the existence of a form made while on a substrate. The mystery of how to solve proportional problems will be clear.
- A strong sense of the gesture which Martin considers the “lifeblood”and the “engine” behind the single figure entity. In the gestural mode, particular attention will be presented on the skeletal system and the strong role it plays in keying in on and creating the abbreviated gesture.
- How one can do a strong rooted figure in 10 or less marks is always the challenge. Opening up and “emptying out your form” will be the task — and how to use the power of minimalism to spark memory in future work from a particular model.
- The importance of relating to your model as a human being with feelings and a life and not as an “object” to draw or paint. The very importance of empathy and the felt presence of the model....to add strength in ones work.
- How the form relates to surface tension and space. Certain aspects of the pose which puncture space and cause tension with its surroundings will be explored.
- Dealing with narratives that are hard to believe and how to make them believable within oneself and accepting a story.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- 10:00 – 4:00 - Workshop
- Doors will open at at 9:30
- We will break for lunch from 12:30 - 1:30
- Workshop will end at 4:00
What supplies/materials you will need for this class:
- Supplies will be listed here one month prior to workshop.
Registration is Open! Limited to 12 Students!
Payment Plan Available Upon Request
- Will be available one month prior to workshop. Will be listed here and emailed to students.
Kara Bullock Art Studio
145 W. Main St. Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
*FREE PARKING - located at studio
Airport Information and Other Hotel Accommodations Nearby:
- You will fly into John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California
- Hotels within ten minutes include:
- Embassy Suites has a shuttle service that runs from 5am to 11pm. Embassy Suites and Country Inn both offer complimentary breakfast. Transportation is not included at Double Tree or Country Inn, but Uber and/or Lyft are affordable and used regularly.
Workshop Policies: Due to limited class size, payment is non-refundable, but may transferable, keep reading. If you purchase a workshop and are unable to attend, AND if there is a wait list for the course, we will put you in contact with the first person on the wait list for the workshop. If that person agrees, he/she can pay you for your spot in the course. Once that transaction is completed, we will substitute that person for your spot in the course. If you are unable to attend the workshop, and the workshop has not sold out with a wait list, we will not be able to refund your purchase.