Facebook Discussion Guidelines for TAOS
The TAOS 2018 Facebook group is a place for all members to share posts related to the lessons and projects we will be working on in TAOS. This is a place for you to share your victories and struggles that come up as we participate in this course.
Post your photos in the albums:
Post your weekly lessons on the FB albums provided. Please be sure to post the weekly album created for the lesson you are working on. If you are not sure how to use the albums, please watch the video located under Course Introduction.
This group is for:
- Sharing work related to projects and lessons from TAOS 2018.
- Encouraging others as they struggle with techniques, processes, etc.
- Praising others as they master techniques, grow in their skills, feel proud about learning something new or feeling good about their work.
- Provide feedback and critique when requested.
This group is NOT for:
- Sharing of non-TAOS related art. If you would like to share art works that you have created outside of this class, please share on FB in Kara Bullock Artist Community.
- Asking for likes to your own personal art page. Becoming friends with others by sending requests and then inviting your new friends to like your own art page is acceptable.
- Promoting your own website, online workshops, other workshops, ecourses, etc.. You can do this in the Kara Bullock Artist Community once per week.
These guidelines are merely put in place so that we can stay focused as we are learning throughout the year. When we post items that are not class-related, it can leave some individuals feeling scared or intimidated. I want this to be a safe learning environment for everyone. If you have questions related to these guidelines, or are unsure about a post, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Please be sure to follow Netiquette as you participate in our TAOS group. Netiquette is the same as etiquette, only in the online environment. The rules are very similar.
- Be respectful
- Be courteous
- Be mindful
- Be kind
- Choose your words wisely. Read through your posts before sharing them with the group. Ask yourself, “Will I hurt any feelings when I post this? Is this going to make anyone feel bad about their work?”
***If a member of the group posts something that does not follow these guidelines, the person will be notified within 24 hours and will be asked to remove the post. If a member continues to be disruptive, the member may be removed from the group, permanently. Again, these rules and guidelines are put in place for the safety of everyone, and so that we can stay focused and enjoy the course.
I am really excited that you are joining us on this adventure! If at anytime you have questions or concerns about these guidelines, please don’t hesitate to contact me.