- Registration Open – Limited to 12
- Instructor: Robert Kelley
- Dates: March 30-31
- Materials: Listed below
- Cost – $389
- Payment Plan Available Upon Request
Have you been working in charcoal for a while now, but ready to take your charcoal portraits to that next level?
Join Robert in this two-day workshop where you will discover how to take your ordinary charcoal portraits to that next level of extraordinary! Robert Kelley is a master at both portraits and the charcoal medium! In this class, Robert will show you how to take your portraits to the next level!
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
- Artists who have a strong foundation of drawing portraits and understand the anatomy and structure of a face, but are now ready to move into a looser approach in portraiture
- Artists that are interested in feedback on where they are in their portrait work, and ready to apply that feedback into a more fluid type of work.
WHO IS THIS CLASS NOT FOR?
- Artists that are focused on a hyper-realistic approach to portrait work.
- Artists that want to learn how to use methods such as measuring or gridding.
Saturday, Day 1:
- 9:00 – 4:00 - Workshop
- Robert will begin the day with demo. He will briefly discuss how he begins a piece, but this workshop is devoted more to taking an ordinary portrait to EXTRAORDINARY. Robert will show how he takes an old piece and reworks it into a new and more in-depth portrait. Students will spend most of the day working on their own assignments, while Robert walks the room to meet and guide each individual wherever he/she is in the process. Robert will provide one-on-one throughout the entire day, with each individual being his main focus.
Sunday, Day 2:
- 9:00 – 4:00 - Workshop
- Robert will begin the day with a quick demo, but the majority of the workshop will be devoted to students continuing on their portraits from Day 1, and beginning new portraits.
Registration is Open! Limited to 12 Students!
March 30-31, 2018
Payment Plan Available Upon Request
- Strathmore Drawing Paper - 18x24
- Vine and willow charcoal
- General's Charcoal Pencils - variety (HB, 2B, 4B, 6B)
- General's Compressed Charcoal
- Blending stumps asst. sizes
- Kneaded eraser
- Tombow mono zero eraser
- Inexpensive paint brushes soft to stiff
- Cotton balls
- Q tips
- Soft cloth
**Bring some old charcoal portraits to rework.
Kara Bullock Art Studio
145 W. Main St. Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
*FREE PARKING - located at studio
Airport Information and Other Hotel Accommodations Nearby:
- You will fly into John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California
- Hotels within ten minutes include:
- Embassy Suites has a shuttle service that runs from 5am to 11pm. Embassy Suites and Country Inn both offer complimentary breakfast. Transportation is not included at Double Tree or Country Inn, but Uber and/or Lyft are affordable and used regularly.
Workshop Policies: Due to limited class size, payment is non-refundable, but may transferable, keep reading. If you purchase a workshop and are unable to attend, AND if there is a wait list for the course, we will put you in contact with the first person on the wait list for the workshop. If that person agrees, he/she can pay you for your spot in the course. Once that transaction is completed, we will substitute that person for your spot in the course. If you are unable to attend the workshop, and the workshop has not sold out with a wait list, we will not be able to refund your purchase.