- You cannot add "CREATIVE FIGURE PAINTING with ROSSO CRIMSON, September 12-15, 2024" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
CREATIVE FIGURE PAINTING with ROSSO CRIMSON, September 12-15, 2024
Out of stock
Learn how to paint creative expressive portraits merging realism with abstract art, in Rosso’s style. Using a combination of photographic reference and imagination, Rosso will share her technique to create beautiful portraits in oil with floral and abstract patterns that are vibrant and full of life.
The course is suitable from beginners to advanced, and tailored to each students’ level. It is recommended to use oil paint for the course although acrylics can also be used.
Main Objectives of the Workshop
- create a realistic/ expressive portrait painting using a combination of reference images and imagination
- create compelling compositions
- paint a realistic portrait in oil
- mix skin tones for portraiture in oil
- paint flowers in an abstract way
- use the background to add depth and expression
- merge realism with abstract art
- use gilding /apply metal leaf in a painting
**Exact supplies will be posted one month prior to workshop.
- 9:30 - 4:30
- Rosso will share with the students how she works from reference photos. She will walk through her process of design and paint, and share with the students how to create a piece from a reference photo. Students will experience her thought process each day as she continues to add to her painting, working through issues, adding and taking away from the design, and more.
- 12:00 - 1:00 - Lunch
- 1:00 - 4:30 - Continue work time
- 4:30 - Class ends
Registration is Open! Limited to 12 Students!
September 12-15, 2024
MEET ROSSO CRIMSON
In her portraiture, Rosso Emerald Crimson renders female subjects who emerge through a haze of pastels and muted tones.
The artist often depicts the women and girls staring forward with unsmiling expressions and are reimagined within timeless landscapes.
Technically, while the portrayal of the figures is achieved by a meticulous rendering using traditional oil painting techniques, the deconstruction (and reconstruction) of the surrounding derives from the juxtaposition of different media, including spray paint, vigorous scraping and scratching of the surface and application of metal leaf and gilding. The creative process is deliberately chaotic in the making yet geared towards the achievement of a sense of harmony and a visually engaging imagery.
145 W. Main St., Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
**Park in parking lot or on the street.
Airport and Hotels
If you are flying in, the closest airport to the studio is Santa Ana - John Wayne Airport. It is about 5 miles away from the studio, with several hotels nearby as well. Our clients' favorite hotels are listed below.
***there are hotels closer to the studio, but several that I DO NOT recommend. If you have questions about hotels, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshop Policies: Due to limited class size, payment is non-refundable, but is transferable ONLY if the workshop sells out. If you purchase a workshop and are unable to attend, AND if there is a wait list for the course, we will offer your spot to a person on the wait list. If someone on the wait list is able to take your spot, we will reimburse you your tuition, minus a $75 admin fee for handling the replacement. If you are unable to attend the workshop, and the workshop has not sold out with a wait list, we will not be able to refund your purchase.
***These policies also apply to a Zoom workshop.