MIXED MEDIA PORTRAITS with CAREN GINSBERG, DECEMBER 2021
- Registration Open
- Instructor: Caren Ginsberg
- Dates: December 3-5
- Materials: Listed One Month Prior to Workshop
- Cost – $549
8 in stock
I am so pleased to announce that Caren Ginsberg will return to my studio in Tustin, CA in December 2021! This workshop will focus on creating mixed-media portraits, focusing our attention on the process involved in conceptualizing and creating mixed media portraits. This will be a fun-filled, creative weekend!
Friday, Day 1:
- 9:00 – 3:30 - Workshop
- As a warm-up Caren will speak with all of the students regarding her journey from then until now; focusing on her struggles along the way and the development of Process. She espouses a technique and a personal style that is motivating and will certainly inspire all students to believe in themselves and to believe in their own process, which she will help them develop.
Each student will have the opportunity to share their points of view about their work and their journey as Caren walks the room and has one-on-one sessions with each student. By doing this, Caren will most ably use the time together to support each student during the course of the multi-day workshop.
Caren is a hands-on instructor who wants to “know” each student as individuals.
Saturday, Day 2:
- 9:00 – 3:30 - Workshop
- The day will begin with warm-up exercises Caren has honed from years of work. These exercises are meant to free the individual from their preconceived perceptions about their work so they can explore new horizons. Sometimes one or more of the exercises lead to new pieces of work, and sometimes they are simply warm-ups. It’s a great technique. Since we are talking about mixed media, Caren will then spend some time discussing the varieties of media she has utilized over time and how we can better view the art of mixed media. What techniques are different from those using a single medium; and which media integrate better with one another. It’s during this discussion that the work of the work will begin. Caren will share her vision of “mixed media” and why it can be liberating for artists.
Sinday, Day 3:
- 9:00 – 3:30 - Workshop
- Almost solely devoted to the students’ own work, Caren will spend much of the day walking the studio, surveying the work being created, answering questions and consulting with each student throughout their process. Although some students prefer solitude, all students have benefited greatly from Caren’s willingness to share and to be candid with each student during their discussions. Caren supports each student, individually, as they create their own mixed media artwork.
Registration is Open!
December 3-5, 2021
MEET CAREN GINSBERG
Henry David Thoreau once said, “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” My art seeks to engage in a way that encourages the viewer, both aesthetically and emotionally, to find something new. I have always been intrigued with people, faces, features and expressions, all so different and yet so extremely powerful. Using multiple layers of vibrant color and liberated brush strokes, I paint portraits that are raw and expressive. In creating these visual narratives I aim to infuse a particular energy and vibrancy that will awaken an awareness of the people who surround us.
As my work has developed, my perspective and execution of stroke and rhythm have become less defined and more fluid. Creating art, for me, has morphed from being a task of technical skill to an expressive act in itself, allowing me the privilege of transferring my ideas and feelings onto canvas. My hope is that you get to experience some of the cathartic adventure I undertake when painting. Initially I just painted for myself. Then, however, after some cajoling from my loving husband and children I began to show my work and teach classes. And now, I am glad to say, I have students all over the country.
***Please read through our Covid-19 Policies - HERE
145 W. Main St., Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
Airport and Hotels
If you are flying in, the closest airport to the studio is John Wayne Airport. It is about 5 miles away from the studio, with several hotels nearby as well. Our clients' favorite hotels are listed below.
*there are hotels closer to the studio, but several that I DO NOT recommend. If you have questions about hotels, please reach out to me at email@example.com.
Workshop Policies: Due to limited class size, payment is non-refundable, but is transferable ONLY if the workshop sells out. If you purchase a workshop and are unable to attend, AND if there is a wait list for the course, we will offer your spot to a person on the wait list. If someone on the wait list is able to take your spot, we will reimburse you your tuition, minus a $75 admin fee for handling the replacement. If you are unable to attend the workshop, and the workshop has not sold out with a wait list, we will not be able to refund your purchase.
***These policies also apply to a Zoom workshop.