From Your Head to Your Heart
What is it like growing up with a professional artist for a parent? What does love and art look like during a pandemic? How and when do you finally get to say, “I’m an artist”. If any of these topics resonate with you, you’ll love my guest today! I am interviewing Sarah Sedwick!
Sarah is a prolific painter of still life and portraits and an extraordinary oil painting instructor. Based in Eugene Oregon, Sarah’s oil paintings explore the simple beauty of everyday objects, and are most often inspired by color combinations and perceptual effects. All are painted from life. Her teaching philosophy is simple: the more you paint, the more yoU improve - so find ways to make painting as enjoyable as possible! Let go of perfectionism, and watch the results unfold.
In this conversation, Sarah shares all about love during a pandemic, the importance of teaching, growing up with a professional musician, and more! She discusses the moment she was able to call herself an “artist” and how happy she is to give out “artist” badges to anyone that wants one!
Sarah creates paintings daily inspired by the still life arrangements she creates in her home. These images are actual lessons from her most recent course - INTRODUCTION TO OIL PAINTING.
"The best way to get something from your head into your heart is to put it into words, systematize it a little, and then give it to somebody else."
Topics discussed in this episode include:
- What it is like to be a plant lady - this is a real job!
- Finding new love during a pandemic
- Growing up with a parent that is/was a professional musician
- Learning when you can call yourself an "artist"
- Sarah's upcoming class INTRODUCTION TO OIL PAINTING
GROW THE PODCAST
I would love if you could help our podcast to continue to grow! You can do this in three ways!
- SUBSCRIBE - Subscribing is easy! Just click the button in your podcast player to be notified of new episodes! We are currently listed on iTunes, Google Podcasts, and Spotify.
- SHARE - If you enjoy an episode, please share with your friends, write a post about it, or share on Instagram. We want to bring these stories to more listeners and every share counts!
- REVIEW - We always appreciate a 5 STAR REVIEW on iTunes! This helps other listeners to find us and connect with our community! We appreciate your help!
Sign up with your email address to be the first to know about upcoming online classes, in-person workshops, free lessons, give aways and more!
(YOU WILL ALSO RECEIVE A 30% DISCOUNT ON SELECT CLASSES!)