- Registration Open – Limited to 10
- Instructor: Paul Cristina
- Dates: January 11-13
- Materials: Listed below
- Cost – $479
"In my work, I want to confront that place inside of myself where our fear, hate, anger, insecurity and dysfunction reside. I want to explore what might be below the surface of those things - in a place where truths can be found, regardless of how disturbing or unpleasant they may be."
I am just beyond excited to announce that Paul Cristina will be coming to teach at my studio in Southern California! What is even more thrilling is that he will be sharing his charcoal technique along with his mixed media creating process! Learn more about this workshop below!
Friday, Day 1:
10:00 – 4:00
- Give everyone brief background about myself and what I do, artistic development, current process,
- General approach to creativity / intuition,
- Encourage, motivate
- Ask folks what they hope to accomplish during the week
- Guided walkthrough while I draw and work with charcoal and collage / talk about different aspects of the process / answer questions, etc
- Allow everyone to play around and get comfortable with materials
- Be loose, experiment, have fun
Saturday, Day 2:
10:00 – 4:00
- Begin making small study pieces on preferred substrate
- Can be drawing/portrait, photo collage, or abstract
- Focus on layering, building the surface and experimenting with materials
- Creating line with embedded string or twine within layers
- Developing our pieces into compositions as we continue working
Sunday, Day 3:
10:00 – 4:00
- Continue working on piece(s) from previous day and/or starting new piece
- Returning piece(s) from previous day that were required to dry overnight (if applicable)
- Cutting / tearing / sanding into built up layers
- Finishing pieces
Registration is Open! Limited to 10 Students!
January 11-13, 2019
Supply list will be posted one month prior to workshop.
Kara Bullock Art Studio
145 W. Main St. Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
*FREE PARKING - located at studio
Airport Information and Other Hotel Accommodations Nearby:
- You will fly into John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California
- Hotels within ten minutes include:
- Embassy Suites has a shuttle service that runs from 5am to 11pm. Embassy Suites and Country Inn both offer complimentary breakfast. Transportation is not included at Double Tree or Country Inn, but Uber and/or Lyft are affordable and used regularly.
Workshop Policies: Due to limited class size, payment is non-refundable, but may transferable, keep reading. If you purchase a workshop and are unable to attend, AND if there is a wait list for the course, we will put you in contact with the first person on the wait list for the workshop. If that person agrees, he/she can pay you for your spot in the course. Once that transaction is completed, we will substitute that person for your spot in the course. If you are unable to attend the workshop, and the workshop has not sold out with a wait list, we will not be able to refund your purchase.