ABSTRACTS IN COLD WAX WITH JODI OHL, SEPTEMBER 20-22, 2019
- Registration Open – Limited to 12
- Instructor: Jodi Ohl
- Dates: September 20-22, 2019
- Materials: Listed below
- Cost – $429
- Payment plan available upon request
Are you interested in creating a series of abstract paintings with oil paints and cold wax, but don't know where to begin?
Join author, instructor and mixed media artist, Jodi Ohl in this spectacular and fun filled two and a half day workshop where you will learn the basics of painting with oil paints and cold wax! Trying something new is scary, but we will make it easy on you in this clear, step by step process that will cover everything from beginning to end.
In this workshop, the following concepts will be covered:
- How to paint with oil paint and cold wax
- Learn the process from prepping to completion
- Create a series of abstract work on paper and wood surfaces
- Create distinctly textured landscapes
- Explore layering, mark making, and some collage techniques
- And so much more
- 10:00 - 4:00
- Morning Session will include preparing surfaces, learning about supplies and watch demonstration of techniques
- Jumpstarting projects
- Composition discussions
- Afternoon Session will include work on paper and beginning work on a wood substrates.
- 10:00 - 4:00
- Morning Session will include a variety of demonstrations and discussions on layering, revealing and concealing, and working with colors
- Afternoon Session will be about shifting, editing, refining and developing our studies
- 9:00 - 12:00
- Our last morning session will be spent examining and enhancing our compositions based on the work and discussions leading up to the finalization of our projects.
- Gallery, Questions, and Final Commentary.
What supplies/materials you will need for this class:
Most supplies will be provided to you and are included in the cost of the workshop. The minimal list of supplies that students are responsible for bringing will be available here for students two months prior to the workshop dates.
**Space is limited to 12 students so Jodi can give extra one-on-one time to each individual.
ABOUT JODI OHL
Jodi Ohl is the author of: Abstracts in Acrylic and Ink. She has been teaching students around the world in person and online for the last 9 years. Published in over 30 mixed media magazines, she also has been a contributor to 8 mixed media art books in the last several years. Currently residing in Aberdeen, NC, you can find more of her work at www.jodiohl.com
Registration is Open! Limited to 12 Students!
September 20-22, 2019
Kara Bullock Art Studio
145 W. Main St. Suite 110
Tustin, CA 92780
*FREE PARKING - located at studio
Airport Information and Other Hotel Accommodations Nearby:
- You will fly into John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California
- Hotels within ten minutes include:
- Most hotels include airport shuttle and free breakfast. Check websites to confirm.
Workshop Policies: Due to limited class size, payment is non-refundable, but is transferable ONLY if the workshop sells out. If you purchase a workshop and are unable to attend, AND if there is a wait list for the course, we will offer your spot to a person on the wait list. If someone on the wait list is able to take your spot, we will reimburse you your tuition, minus a $75 admin fee for handling the replacement. If you are unable to attend the workshop, and the workshop has not sold out with a wait list, we will not be able to refund your purchase.